So, I made this chicken. I found it on Pinterest. So good. Here’s what I did:
1 crock pot
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (the ones I used were about 50% thawed)
1 small bag baby carrots
10-15 fingerling potatoes (or 6-8 small red potatoes)
1 bottle fat-free zesty Italian dressing
basil, oregano, red pepper flakes
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
2. Squirt some italian dressing into the crock pot.
3. Place 2 of the chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with some italian dressing and half of the cheese, and sprinkle some of the herbs.
4. Put the two remaining chicken breasts in the pot, but not overlapping the first two. Cover with some Italian dressing and the remaining cheese, and another sprinkle of herbs.
5. Pour in the baby carrots and cover with some dressing and a sprinkle of herbs.
6. Add the potatoes (I cut the larger ones in half but left the small ones whole) and cover with the remaining dressing and a sprinkle of herbs.Then I sprinkled a little bit of cheese on the top.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or 3 hours on high. I was a little late getting it started, so I cooked it for 3 hours on high. The veggies weren’t mushy at all, and the chicken was perfectly done.
I’m always a little leery of pinterest recipes. I’ve tried about 4 crock pot recipes in the last month or so, and this one was hands down the best. Everyone, even the picky toddler, loved it.
Here’s the original pin with photo, and happy crocking!
Have you tried any recipes from Pinterest? What’s been your favorite?